Concealed Carry Weapons Permit
NEW applicants can apply by appointment only at this time. You can schedule by phone Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM at (816) 858-2424
- FEE: for filing this application the fee is $100.00, which is non-refundable. A certified check or money order; which must be written out to: Platte County Sheriff’s Office; OR, exactly $100.00 cash. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover (there is a 3.5% service charge for using debit or credit cards)
- All applicants must be at least nineteen (19) years of age
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United StatesYou must have assumed residency in this state or be a member of the military stationed in Missouri, or the spouse of such member of the military
- May be asked to produce a birth certificate or,
- Documentation of naturalization
- Must be a resident of Platte County, Missouri
- At time of filing the application the following documents must be presented: An applicant cannot have been convicted of any felony or the following misdemeanors: You cannot have engaged in a pattern of behavior, documented in public records, that would give the reasonable belief you present a danger to yourself or others
- Valid Missouri driver’s license, or non-driver’s license, military identification and orders showing the applicant is stationed in Missouri.
- Social Security Card
- CCW training certificate
- Missouri State Instructor Qualification Form meeting all the requirements of RSMo 571.111
- Crime involving an explosive weapon, firearm, firearm silencer or gas gun
- Convicted, pled guilty, pled nolo contendere to one or more offenses involving crimes of violence within the past five (5) years
- Convicted of two or more offenses of driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs within the past five (5) years, or possession, or abuse of a controlled substance within the past five (5) years
- Be a fugitive from justice (have an active warrant existing for your arrest)
- Be currently charged by information or indictment with a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one (1) years under the laws of any state of the United States other than a crime classified as a misdemeanor under the laws of any state punishable by imprisonment of (2) two years or less not involving an explosive weapon, firearm, firearm silencer, or gas gun
- You cannot be the respondent of a Full Order of Protection still in effect
- You cannot have been adjudged mentally incompetent during past five (5) years or committed to a mental health facility as defined in 632.005 RSMo; or similar institution in another state that followed a hearing wherein you were represented by counsel or other representative.
- If prior military, cannot have been discharged dishonorably. (May be asked to provide a copy of your DD-214).
CCW RENEWAL applicants can apply by appointment only at this time. You can schedule by phone Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM at (816) 858-2424.
Please bring your current CCW permit, driver’s license and be able to supply your Social Security Number.
FEE: for filing this application it is $50.00, which is non-refundable. A certified check or money order; must be written out to: Platte County Sheriff’s Office; OR, exactly $50 cash. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover (there is a 3% service charge for using debit or credit cards).
- Expired permits: If your CCW permit is expired, the renewal fee is $50.00 plus an additional $10 for each month past the expiration date. If your CCW permit is expired for 6 months or longer, you will have to reapply for a CCW permit.
Renewal procedures for CCW permit
- A concealed carry endorsement shall be renewed for a qualified applicant upon receipt of the properly completed renewal application, which we will provide at the time of renewal, and the required renewal fee, by the sheriff of the county of the applicant’s residence. The renewal process includes a background investigation done at the time of renewal. Please be patient as this process can take up to 15 minutes to complete. Upon successful completion of all renewal requirements, the sheriff shall issue a permit which contains the date the permit was renewed.